youB® Code of ConductEffective Date: August 31, 2022 As a social media and social networking platform, youB strives to be a community that is positive, hopeful and helpful—a place where all members feel safe, supported and encouraged to connect, create and collaborate. The youB Code of Conduct is our way to help ensure that every member of our community is treated with respect and care. While social media and networking can be great, we are all familiar with other platforms that have become places of negativity, disinformation, disrespect and division. Therefore, in addition to our standard Terms and Conditions, in order to become a member of the youB membership community, you agree to the following code of conduct, when posting content, when commenting on any content, participating in any group (online or offline), or messaging any member via our platform. Being respectful:
- You agree to treat all other members fairly and equally, be respectful of others’ views, and refrain from personal attacks.
- You agree to use constructive feedback and avoid open criticism.
- You agree to be mindful and respectful of others’ linguistic backgrounds, remembering that not everybody is a native speaker/writer in the language in which they are posting.
- You agree to avoid any hateful, defamatory, obscene, discriminatory or harassing comments, images or videos, or anything that could be deemed offensive, demeaning or out of context to others.
- You agree to never post links to other pages/sites that express or advocate prejudice on the basis of age, gender, disability (physical or mental), ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, nationality or religion, as well as links to other pages/sites that express profanity, hatred, violence, self-harm, hate speech or threats against an individual or group.
- You agree to avoid making posts or comments that serve as advertisements for commercial (profit-making) activities for yourself or others, including related links, images, messages, and so on that advertise or promote the goods or services of individuals, businesses or causes. I understand that commercial entities can promote themselves on the youB platform only after earning youB ESR Approved recognition.
- You agree to refrain from referring to specific political parties, so that the youB platform can be maintained as non-partisan (not endorsing or critiquing specific political candidates, parties, or officials) or transpartisan (supporting common ground). I understand, however, that discussion of government values, programs and policies is allowed.
- You agree to avoid posting another individual’s personal information, including email address, website address, phone number, physical or mailing address.
- You agree to keep your comments relevant to the original post, and won’t repeat the same message across multiple unrelated posts.